Regional Flood and Coastal Committees
Anglian Eastern RFCC
Anglian Eastern RFCC covers large parts of Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex, and the unitary authorities of Southend and Thurrock. The area includes Britain’s largest wetland, the Broads, and rivers including the Waveney, the Wensum, the Yare, the Stour and the Colne. The area is particularly vulnerable to the risks of flooding and coastal erosion.
We’re committed to reducing flood and coastal risk in our area, making communities more resilient and adapting to the challenges of a changing climate. We can’t do this without our RFCC members. By joining our committee, you can help us achieve these goals.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- have an active interest in flood and coastal risk management.
- can represent the interests of communities across our region.
- come from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- are impartial and not representatives of any particular organisation.
You don’t have to be a technical expert or have specific qualifications to be a member. It’s your enthusiasm and commitment to your local community that is most important. However, an interest in one or more of the following areas may be useful:
- local community flood forums or action groups
- climate change and associated flood risk
- spatial planning, engineering or construction
- business and economics
- asset management
- managing resilience and recovery
- farming and land management
Our vacancies and how to apply
You can apply by filling out our simple online application form. We offer guaranteed interviews to candidates from an EDI background who meet the minimum criteria for the roles. Simply indicate this in the application form.
Vacancies 1 & 2 – Independent members
We have 2 vacancies for general independent members. Both roles start on 31 December 2023. The closing date to apply is 12 November 2023.