Regional Flood and Coastal Committees
Anglian Great Ouse RFCC
Anglian (Great Ouse) RFCC stretches from Kings Lynn in the north to Stevenage in the south. It reaches as far east as Attleborough and as far west as Banbury.
We’re committed to reducing flood risk in our area, making communities more resilient and adapting to the challenges of a changing climate. We can’t do this without our RFCC members. By joining our committee, you can help us achieve these goals.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- have an active interest in flood and coastal risk management.
- can represent the interests of communities across our region.
- come from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- are impartial and not representatives of any particular organisation.
You don’t have to be a technical expert or have specific qualifications to be a member. It’s your enthusiasm and commitment to your local community that is most important. However, an interest in one or more of the following areas may be useful:
- local community flood forums or action groups.
- climate change and associated flood risk.
- spatial planning, engineering or construction.
- business and economics.
- asset management.
- managing resilience and recovery.
- farming and land management.
Our vacancies and how to apply
You can apply by filling out our simple online application form.
Vacancy 1 – Independent members
We have 1 vacancy for a general independent member. The role starts on 18 January 2024. The closing date to apply is 12 November 2023.
Vacancy 2 – Independent members, academic
We also have 1 vacancy for an independent member with an academic background or some experience in this area. The role starts on 18 January 2024. The closing date to apply is 12 November 2023.
As well as the general experience described above it would be helpful if you:
- Are part of the academic community
- Have an interest in environmental issues including climate change adaptation and mitigation